Thursday, July 16, 2009

2009 Reunion

Reunions can be fabulous events and this past northern reunion which was held by 87 of the residents of my park in Florida was just that. It was held in Ohio and the location and weather couldn't have been better. It's difficult to find good hearted and hard working people who will turn their lives upside down in order to host and hostess these reunions but this year we were lucky once more with Jack and Lillian. These two are also responsible for carrying a heavy load of park activities, too, and we all benefit from their labors.

They had help, of course, because our people are some of the best in the world, but it was Jack and Lillian who led the pack. They organized meals, tours, and hotels and without people like them there would be no reunions at all. It was a fully packed 3-4 day vacation spent with so many of the people I'm crazy about.

Faye, Mary, and I got there just in time for the turd toss on Monday afternoon but most of the people arrived on Sunday. From then on it was a whirlwind of fun and food. It seems I was constantly hugging someone...it was so nice.

I did manage to get some shopping in, too, and bought some really cute shelving which featured canvas drawers. This will be perfect for my jewelry stuff. Faye and Mary actually bought the same outfits and now will have to make sure they don't wear them at the same time.

Our group had a few mishaps, too. Sheila's niece, Liz, sprained her ankle and Vicky and Ted ran their van into a deer. Only the deer was hurt (or killed) but the van was damaged. Not happy events but not the worst thing that could happen, either.

We got home today about 4:30 P.M. and I immediately got on the computer to check on some things only to find all of my saved websites missing. Yikes! Shelley, John and the kids had been visiting and I thought that Jake had somehow erased them but couldn't figure out how he could have done it. I clicked on a few spots I'd never noticed before and the darned websites reappeared, thank heavens.

I enjoyed the reunion so very much but it was a shame that it partly coincided with Shelley's visit. I guess we can never have it all, can we? Next week we go to our Elvis festival and then I think the rest of my summer will be pretty clear, maybe dull. Maybe that's just what I need right now...some quiet time.

No comments: