Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Business Cards Found

Kim said I'd find the cards and darned if I didn't. My problem was that I'd put all of my jewelry stuff EXCEPT the cash box down in the basement. The loss of the cards irritated me no end and I kept wondering how I could have lost them. My memory finally surfaced with the knowledge I'd put them in the cash box which had been sitting in a corner of my kitchen counter filled with $40 (which I'd also forgotten about) for the next sale. Suddenly I was $40 richer and I had my nifty business cards, too.

The show yesterday gave me approximately the same small profit I'd gotten at the first one but that's okay. An interesting thing happened, though. A lady stopped to look at the pendants and I just barely caught the action of her stealing one. She wrapped it in her kleenex and walked away. I was slightly uncertain of what I'd seen but a few minutes later another lady came back and pointed to an empty spot in the case and said I'd sold the one she'd been interested in but none had actually been sold up to that point. I'll have to keep better watch over the sterling jewelry, I guess.

Aeron joined us for a while and then we drove her to Auntie Faye's for her to give a Cutco knife demonstration. Kim and I went on to have lunch and then returned to pick Aeron up to drive her home. Good old Faye had purchased 2 knives at the horrendous price of around $160. The knives are absolutely amazing but with a price to match.

One lady took just my card because she loved the jewelry but had no money on her. I'm hoping to create a following of people interested in the jewelry because it is amazingly well priced...at least the sterling is. The glass jewelry is competitively priced and I just might be able to reduce the price soon. Kim encouraged me to purchase some sterling silver rings so we'll see how they sell, too. I also purchased 2 heavy sterling silver men's necklaces to try out. I won't buy too much of any one item because I could get stuck with it.

Both Kim and Cindy are showing an interest in this new venture so I just might have hit on something we can all do together. That's part of the fun.

The flea market business will be finished by the end of the summer and I'm not sad to see it end now that I have a new outlet for my playtime. If you ever wondered why retired business owners keep a hand in the business it isn't for the money...it's playtime. We no longer have to make a living from our labors but can indulge ourselves just for the fun of it.

Seniors. Retirement. Time to play.

No comments: