Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day With Donna

Donna is my husband's cousin's wife and I've always enjoyed being with her because I feel we have a lot in common. She came over for a visit yesterday and we spent a wonderful time just gabbing.

Donna has a severely handicapped daughter who is almost 39 years old and is cared for at home. Jill is nonambulatory and needs 24 hour care so Donna and Frank have their hands full taking care of her. Jill's lifespan was not supposed to be this long but, due to the excellent care she receives, she's still doing well.

Taking care of a child like this means that Donna seldom gets out by herself so I'm pleased she chose to spend some of her rare free time with me. Frank stayed home to care for Jill...he's an exceptionally good father. When I come to think of it, almost all of the fathers in this family are good ones. Their children sure are blessed.

We almost forgot about lunch because we were enjoying our gab so much but we finally headed out to Wendy's. Donna for a healthy salad and me for my nuggets and baked potato. We gabbed all through lunch and then went back to my house to gab some more. Every so often I wonder just how most women seem to be able to gab forever and most men are the silent type. In any case, Donna and I covered every subject under the sun and enjoyed every moment.

My busy summer months will be coming to an end after this weekend's Elvis Festival so I'll have lots of time for leisurely lunches with anyone who wants to join me. I'm hoping that Donna can fit me in again!



No comments: