Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Now PayPal is Changed

I can understand change if it's for the better but darned if much of anything concerning the computer ever stays the same or the changes actually help the user.

PayPal has changed it's format and I, being a computer illiterate, couldn't figure out how to check on a sale that went back more than 30 days. I e-mailed "Help" and received a very nice response explaining how to do it...but they were wrong. First they wanted me to download the page requested either to comma delimited, tab delimited, quicken, or quickbooks. I believe I've heard of quicken but never in my life heard of the other choices. Besides not knowing if I had these things in my computer, I didn't want them going there. I just wanted to view the sale details.

So I phone PayPal. The automated answering machine gave me choices I wasn't sure I wanted and then they asked the last 4 digits of the bank account I'd used with PayPal. How the heck did I know??? I think I spouted a few offensive words into the telephone because the automated answering machine responded with, "I'm not sure I understood your answer". Finally I was given a proper choice...agent.

A very nice gentleman who sounded Indian (I think all phone calls for service help now go to India) asked a few pertinent questions but was unable to use his computer!!!!! I explained what I was trying to find and he blindly helped me. He was very patient and knowledgable, thank heavens, and I found my old transaction. I had been steered wrong by the not so helpful e-mail from PayPal but all is right now.

Please, PayPal, don't change your format to make things more difficult for people like me. I'm sure I'm not the only one who surfs the internet on a wing and a prayer.

No comments: