Friday, July 03, 2009

Nolan Dennis Albert

My number one greatgrandson, Nolan, is either not ready to face the world or else he's just too darned big to get through. In any case, he was due yesterday and if he doesn't make his way out this coming week, he'll be delivered by C-section next Saturday. There are a lot of loving arms awaiting his arrival!

I want to feel his soft skin on my face; see his eyes looking into mine; feel his little hand clutching my finger; watch the love in his mother and father's eyes as they look at him; watch Kimmie melt into a puddle of love for her very first grandchild.

I don't know if men can do this but a woman can spend hours just watching a newborn's face and it doesn't matter if the baby is awake or asleep. There's just something magical about a new life.

We're waiting, Nolan.

Note: His name has been changed to Nolan Dennis Chester. I think I'll call him Chester when he's been naughty.

No comments: