Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Michelle Obama in Shorts

Please tell me I'm dreaming when I watch seasoned reporters on the morning news waste precious time discussing the propriety of Michelle Obama wearing shorts on her island vacation. What century is this??

There is world hunger, countries ravaged by war, murderers and thieves on the loose and CNN is placidly discussing whether Michelle Obama committed some stupid social faux pas by wearing shorts on her holidays. Good grief!

I can't ever remember seeing any president's or prime minister's wife wearing shorts so Michelle Obama's commonality is like a breath of fresh air. The Obamas continue to impress me with their naturalness and that can only be a good thing in the world of stiff and unnatural political protocol.

She's on vacation, for heaven's sake. Now if it had been Pat Nixon, old president Nixon's wife, she probably would have shown up in dress, pearls, pantihose, and high heels. Is that really what the public wants to see in the year 2009? Stodgy versus new wave...I'm thinking we're much better off with new wave.

Michelle Obama...you're doing just fine.

No comments: