Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Kameez Salwar




I picked up my kameez salwar yesterday and am trying to get up the nerve to wear it out today. I love it! It is the most comfortable piece of clothing imaginable and it's pretty but it still looks slightly like pyjamas and that's what makes me a little hesitant to wear it outside.

The fabric pattern I chose isn't traditionally used for Indian clothing but I don't think this should matter. If anything, it just looks a little more modern but that's just in my own eyes. It has a sort of tie-dye look and I don't want Indians to look at me and wonder what the heck I've done to disgrace their clothing style.

Anyway, I'm wearing it around the house this morning (comfort!!) and will decide later on whether I should wear it to St. Jacob's with Mary and Carly.

My next purchase of a kameez salwar will be using their more jazzy fabric and that will be what I wear to the New Year's party in Florida.

No comments: