Monday, September 07, 2009

Clinique "Comfort on Call"

I think I mentioned in a blog about how pleased I am with the Clinique products I've just recently started to use but this is my do-nothing day and I think I'd like to expand on it.

I've been plagued by facial skin problems for most of my adult life...not pimples but rashes and scaly patches. Any woman can tell you that a facial blemish doesn't need to be large to irritate the life out of them but some of my blemishes were a fair size.

My doctor set me up with a dermatologist ages ago, possibly 20 years, who would blast the problem areas with liquid nitrogen and then provide me with a prescription cream to apply every day. The liquid nitrogen did remove the most offensive spots for a while but they always returned. The prescription cream was close to useless. Thank heavens my insurance covered prescriptions completely until I turned 62 but, for the 3 years until the government insurance took over, the cost was all out of pocket. The last prescription I had to purchase cost around $45 and that's a lot to pay for something that doesn't work.

Two years ago I changed dermatologists and she turned out to be more efficient but her prescription creams were still unable to eliminate the flaking in the creases on either side of my nose. My friend had introduced me to Clinique products just this past spring so I decided to question a saleslady about what she could recommend for these dry patches. She brought out a small jar of Clinique's "Comfort on Call" which ended up costing me $39 U.S. I didn't resent the cost too much because I'd already been using their products and liked them a lot.

"Comfort on Call" is a solid cream and I was amazed how well it worked the very first time I tried it. I bought the cream in mid July and I'm sure it will last me for at least another 3 months. I use it once or twice a day and the scaling has disappeared. The slight roughness on the top of my nose is still there but not very noticeable. Too bad this wonderful cream doesn't make wrinkles disappear, too, but we can't have everything, can we?

My bad skin has been like a burr in my side for more years than I can remember. I've always had trouble finding over the counter creams that didn't irritate my skin and never before liked to spend anything close to $39 for skin care but I'll willingly pay it a few months from now when my jar runs out. It's so seldom that any product we buy lives up to it's promises but this one has for me.

No comments: