Monday, September 28, 2009

Gramma on Facebook

Kim keeps giving me heck for comments I make on Facebook that are directed at my grandchildren. I'm not sure exactly what she's upset about because I rarely make comments to them but maybe I'm just unaware how I sound. In any case, I deleted them. Best to jump out instead of make unwitting mistakes again.

It still bugs me, though, because I looked over the few little comments I made and they look like absolutely nothing! The last one was simply a "Matthew!" after he used the F word in one of his own comments. That's sort of to be expected from a Gramma, right? Apparently they can't tell when I'm joking, either, so maybe some of the comments appeared harsh when they were actually said in jest. Do I really have to always add "LOL" so they'll know?

I do agree that they need their own personal space to keep in contact with their friends without Gramma being privvy to their privacy, though, and I won't feel bad being banned. The truth is that people should be careful who they take on as a "friend" on Facebook.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Fuss at my kiddos anytime! :-)

patsyrose said...

Too late. I lost my confidence in people understanding what I was saying and I deleted them all. I guess I'm a lot more thin skinned than I sometimes think.

luvluvluv