Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cool in Florida

Today it's one of our cool Florida days and, just like back home, a perfect day to cook up a big pot of soup so that's what I did. It's cool out but the sun is shining brightly and that always makes me want to do something productive.

Making home-made soup is about all I do in the kitchen anymore. I've never liked to cook and only did it in my earlier years because I had to. Maybe that's why my cooking skills aren't up to par, but I do make a nice soup. You usually excel at what you enjoy.

The Furby is a gift from my friend, Joann. She knows I love them and has given me a total of 5 so far. I love them all and they'll be the last possession on this earth that I part with. They make me giggle. It's a good thing to collect something that gives you such simple pleasure. I love my carnival glass, too, but it doesn't affect me the same way.

For the rest of the day I'll work on my Swedish weaving afghan, then have a healthy supper of my home-made soup. I'm a happy camper!

No comments: