Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Closet Purging


I don't smoke and I don't often drink so that's my excuse for buying way too many clothes. Because I spend half the year in the States and their clothing prices are about half what we pay here, I can't seem to control myself when in the ladies wear department of any store there. Hence, a too full closet and too full drawers (dresser drawers, my friend).


Every year I bring a nice new allotment of clothes home with me and then I have to purge my wardrobe of things I don't like anymore or don't fit. This year the pile is high and I'm a little embarrassed...note the pants with the price tag still still on!
Now I didn't really replace all this stuff with new clothes but many of these things either have shrunk or they don't feel good on me. I can't stand a polyester blouse in the heat and a lot of my tank tops have gotten too short from washing in hot water. A lot of other things have been around for years but I kept them but didn't wear them so they have to go.
It feels good to purge. I don't throw anything away but first offer them to my daughters and then take the rest to a women's shelter. It's all for a good cause and that's what calms my guilt.
I'll try to do better next year, I promise.

No comments: