Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Getting Old

One of my main reasons for writing this blog was to show that getting old wasn't a catastrophe. Now I read on Facebook that my middle daughter thinks that getting old "sucks".

Ain't necessarily so, my darlin'!

Life has always been what you make of it. If your attitude is that your life "sucks", then it's time to make a concerted effort to change your attitude. There are so many sides to any situation and we can choose to dwell on the negative or we can choose to look at the positive and then move on.

I recall thinking that my favorite age was 15 and I held that opinion until I became a senior. There is no doubt in my mind that I've experienced the most satisfying part of my life in the past 10 years...but that's just me.

You have a choice to make every day you crawl out of bed. My advice to the young is to enjoy whatever stage you are at and know that your senior years just might be the most liberating, fun time of your life.

Choose to be happy and you will be happy.



No comments: