Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Published

My "letter to the editor" was published in the local newspaper today and I'm expecting it will offend a few people. I pointed out that gay activists who prefer our children be taught about gay sex in kindergarten have no right to make any suggestions concerning school curriculum. Some people are not going to like that because it will be frowned on as "homophobic".

I don't think I'm homophobic because I do believe some gay people were born sexually ambiguous. Unfortunately, I'm also one of those people who honestly believe that most gay people are there by choice. That's my humble opinion but it's my right to have that opinion just as it's a gay person's right to live their life as they wish.

I know and respect a few gay people but none of them are the flagrant, flaming kind. I wouldn't want to be around flagrant, flaming heterosexuals, either, because I'd also think them annoying. It's not what you do in bed, it's how you conduct yourself in public that makes you socially acceptable in my eyes.

Back to "letters to the editor"...I need to change tactics for my next letter. It seems that these letters usually erupt from an incident that made me angry enough to complain about it and I don't like being angry. Next time I get the urge to write a letter to the editor it's going to be when I find something pleasant to comment on. That means I'd better stop listening to or reading about anything our idiot politicians are doing.

No comments: