Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Early Riser

Once in a blue moon I sleep past 7 A.M. and feel I've lost the best part of the day. It's so peaceful in the early morning and, since I'm not only an early riser but also a late mover, it gives me time to fully awaken and begin to get things done. It's a pleasure to have all necessary work done by noon which leaves the afternoon for play.

To be honest, all I've done since 6:30 this morning is shower, dress, and play on the computer. I'm having a pedicure and leg wax later this morning so there's not much sense starting any heavy duty housework.

Speaking of which, I've been having leg waxes for many years now and the hair is slowly disappearing from my legs. It's gotten to the point where I barely need them twice yearly. Pedicures are a monthly need, though, because I develop a lot of callus from going barefoot all the time. Years ago, when I suffered from bone spurs in my heels, I decided to treat myself to a pedicure and I've kept it up ever since. My excuse is that I don't waste money on cigarettes...I use that excuse a lot! I don't have manicures because I wreck them too quickly so I just use a clear nail polish on them.

It's now after 9 A.M. and it's still quiet and peaceful outside. I don't even hear many birds chirping. The traffic noise from the main street a block away does continue to escalate as the day goes on but that, too, makes me feel content that I can stay home instead of rushing off to work.

I'm a happy, contented senior who is off to have her toenails painted a pretty pink.

No comments: