Friday, May 28, 2010

Eating Sensibly...-11

Well, I awoke this morning to a computer that wouldn't work. It's mysteriously working now so I thought I'd better get this blog in before it shuts down again. My "computer people" are all at work but I'll ask them for help later on.

Anyway, the good news is that I lost 1 more pound last week which brings me to a grand total of 11 pounds since the end of February. Not much by anyone's standards but still it's 11 pounds that I was carting around 4 months ago and I'm not today!

I know my little success is due mainly to the group of us who made a committment in Florida to support each other in losing some weight. If I didn't have to contact these people every Friday, I wouldn't be paying as much attention to my eating habits. We share in each other's successes and understand only too well when we have failures.

Each of us (9 on my list, counting me) are following our own personal form of diet. Mine is to simply cut back on calories and fats in particular. I'm trying to convince myself to exercise but I'm pretty lazy. The ladies who exercise and/or walk do the best and that makes sense.

This past week offered it's temptations and I fell victim once. My daughters made Belgian waffles and I just had to try them. It really wasn't worth the humungous amount of calories. I probably could have had a full course meal and consumed fewer calories. I don't actually keep count of the calories I eat but I've been on enough diets that I can make an educated guess. We fatties know it all but we have chosen to ignore it.

In any case, after being home for over a month, I've finally lost another pound and that's a nice success for someone like me. One pound at a time is a good goal. My summer's goal is to lose a total of 10 pounds so now I've got 9 more to go. If more fell away I'd be ecstatic but I'll just do the best I can and be happy with each little success.

No comments: