Thursday, June 03, 2010

I'm Maybe Going To Exercise

I'm going to be 70 years old in a couple of months and I'm in terrible shape. I'm overweight and hurt pretty quickly when I do heavy work. Like Dennis used to say, "If I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself".

I'm ever so slowly losing some of the weight but now I've decided to try exercising again. I'm very lazy and exercise is not something that will be easy for me but I've purchased 3 tapes of "Sweating to the Oldies" by Richard Simmons. I figure the music might get me motivated. They haven't arrived yet but I'll let you know how it works.

Every time I hear music, I start dancing so maybe these tapes were made for someone like me. I also love Richard Simmons and think he is a genuine kook with a big heart. I'm looking forward to dancing with him.

There's another new exercise idea that might have worked for me when I was younger...belly dancing. I've seen the program on T.V. and it looks like fun but it's aimed at younger women. Picture a fat old gal belly dancing...it just isn't pretty. I wish that program had been around years ago, though.

I love to dance and always have. If "Sweating to the Oldies" doesn't get me moving then nothing can. Here's hoping! If it works well enough I'll buy a VCR for Florida and continue exercising to them down there. But I'd better not get ahead of myself. Let's see what the next few months bring first.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I say do the belly dancing too. No one will see you and if you love it you should do it. Just make sure you lock the dor so I don't walk in unexpectedly :)

patsyrose said...

I think I'd even creep my own self out if I did it.