Sunday, August 01, 2010

Shelley's 1976 Will

I was going to put a picture of the will on this blog but decided not to because it had a little too much personal info for my liking. I'll just type it but leave some of the names out.

Shelley was almost 12 years old when this was written and I'm assuming she was feeling kind of low and unappreciated. The following is exactly how she typed it.

To whom it may concern,

I, Shelley * , leave all my wordly possessions to my father and mother, Dennis * * and Patricia * *. To my beloved sisters, Kimberly * * and Cindy * *, I leave all of my stuffed animals and toys. I give all of my family all of my love and forgiveness, as I hope you will forgive me of any harm that I have given you in these years of my life.

If I may correct a statement I have given, I would like to leave my dearly, dearly beloved "Pooh-Bear" to my parents who gave him to me on my 8th birthday.

To my parents I give my hopes of tearing this will to pieces after it has been read (which probably will be done anyways).

Signed,
(Shelley's written signature)
Shelley * *

Witnesses,
(Cynthia's written signature)
Cynthia * *

(Janet's written signature)
Janet * *

(Written) My will and testament of March 23, 1976

(Written) Signed in blood (red ink)



No, Shelley, no mother would ever throw away such a priceless piece of her baby's childhood. I'll keep it forever and one day you will inherit it. I hope you keep it forever, too!

This is what I assume from the will. I think you were angry with me and your father (we weren't described as "beloved" parents) and I think you must have been in trouble for something. Since you were almost a perfect child, it couldn't have been anything too serious but it must have meant a lot to you. I'm sorry my baby girl made out her will in 1976 but I'd also like to know where the Pooh-Bear is since it's apparently the only thing I'm getting!

I love you!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Pooh Bear has followed me around the world and is presently in Tampa, FL...a little worse for wear but quite wordly! ;-)

patsyrose said...

Take good care of him for me, please.