Friday, September 03, 2010

Drive Carefully

I just watched the most powerful video I've ever seen in my life. It was about how quickly a car accident can happen if you are taking chances or are inattentive. The video was amazingly put together with actual action footage and some dramatic acting. It left me crying.

We forget that the cars we drive are deadly machines when they're out of control. Their sheer weight and speed can cause devastation beyond belief. Watching that video has made me more aware even though I think I'm a careful driver but we all could make a decision to be more careful, can't we?

One of my daughters (Cindy) is a fearsome driver and I have to warn her when I get into the car not to drive like a maniac. She takes after her father who also drove like that. I'll never understand how some drivers take outrageous chances that not only could cause their death but the death of other innocent people. How can saving a few minutes of driving time be worth someone's life?

I hope she watches that video. It was placed on Facebook by her friend, Lise, and then by me so I'm praying she'll watch it and learn from it.

We're all guilty of what could be considered dangerous driving at one time or another, either speeding or taking shortcuts, and my hope is that this video will be seen by enough people that it will save a few lives.

Just drive carefully and insist on it if you're a passenger, okay?

No comments: