Thursday, September 02, 2010

Still Hot

We do have a rainstorm on the way but it's still hot enough outside to keep the air conditioning on. I love storms (not thunderstorms) as long as I'm safe and sheltered so I'm sort of looking forward to the rain. We need it.

This was a real lazy day for me. All I've done is laundry and playing on the computer. I was just short of becoming bored but Nick phoned and he's bringing Nolan over for a visit this afternoon. Now I'm thrilled to death! All I have to do is think of Nolan and it brings a smile to my face. He's a little ray of sunshine!

There's a lot behind why we are so happy to see a baby. They represent our past (genes) and our future. They are our legacy to the world that we'll leave behind some day. I marvel at this little guy and see intelligence and firm personality in his eyes. He won't stand in the shadows of life but make his way with confidence and determination. He's a lucky boy to have so many people madly in love with him.

Nolan has wonderful parents who love him and will guide him all his life so I know he will be in good hands even when I'm not here. And he's going to be a big brother next March! I think he's too young for the heavy responsibility but it will be fun to see how he handles it. I hope he's a better big brother than his father was when he was a child. Nick is a wonderful big brother now but that wasn't the case when he was a kid. He tortured poor Matthew. Nick sort of went from being a rotten big brother to being almost a father figure to Matt so things have improved over the years.

We're hoping for a baby girl but we'd welcome and adore another baby boy, too. I think I want a baby girl because they're a lot more fun to shop for. I practically drooled over the sweet little girl outfits when I was shopping for Nolan. Oh well, we'll get what we get and love them just the same.

I'm picturing Nolan's beautiful little face now and I'm smiling.

No comments: