Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Last Hot Day...Maybe

Here I sit at my computer, looking out the patio doors to the deck and the yard beyond. The potted plants on the deck are so beautiful at this time of year, swaying wildly in the breeze that has sprung up...probably heralding the rainstorm we're supposed to have tomorrow. I wish I could open the doors and windows to feel the breeze but it's too hot and I have the air conditioning on.

I think this is the last day of 2010 that I'll need the air conditioning. We may get more semi-hot days as we slip into Fall but they won't be unbearable like it is today. It's hard to resent this hot weather when you know it's about to die away and be replaced by frigid winds in a few short months. But, inbetween this and that will be the glorious days of Fall, days with coolish breezes that make you more alert and attentive to the beauty around you...the golds and reds of Autumn, nature's way of saying, "Goodbye for now but I'll be back in the Spring.".

No comments: