Monday, September 06, 2010

Family Dinner

Cindy had an impromptu Labor Day dinner today for some of the family and I finally got to meet her new boyfriend, Gord. He seems very nice and not ill at ease with our close knit family. That's a good thing because newcomers need to just blend in and become part of the whole. I always worry they'll feel like outsiders so it's nice when they are noticably comfortable with everyone.

Tyson and Sarah came with their 7 month old horse...I mean puppy...and it was fun to watch how Tyson has chosen to train this huge, rambunctious dog. Tyson stoops down in front of him, holds his face and stares into his eyes. Apparently this asserts dominance. I'm not sure it works because the dog kept licking Tyson and I don't think that means he's feeling dominated.

Matt was there with his girlfriend, Sandra, and she seems more and more at ease with all of us. She's kind of shy but not standoffish at all.

Nick came by himself because we were eating late and Nolan's bedtime is 7 P.M. It seems like only yesterday that Nick, Matt, and Tyson's bedtimes were the same. Now they're grown up and drinking beer. Hmmm!

Kim and I were the single ladies there but you don't really think of that when you're surrounded by family. I love every moment I'm with my family and I know the rest felt the same.

All of a sudden I realized it was getting dark and I had about a 15 minute drive home. I get night blindness, oncoming car lights really blind my vision, so I hurriedly left. The drive home was not easy for me and I feel like I'm a danger on the road. I'll have to be more aware that darkness is falling earlier now.

Anyway, home and on the computer for a few hours and then an early bedtime. Lazy Labor Day 2010.

No comments: