Monday, September 06, 2010

Still Decluttering

This is the huge load of excess books I have been keeping in my house. Some I've read, most I haven't but intended to, and some have been kept for reference or "just because". They are all going to the Mohawk College yard sale on Saturday and those that don't sell are going to the Salvation Army.

Sorting through the books, I discovered a few that will sell on Ebay so they're keepers for the time being. I love books. I've always had them in practically every room in the house but these days I fall asleep when I read. That means that, even if the book holds great interest for me, it's taking me ages to read one.

Because the books were scattered around the house, I can't see much in the way of freed up space but at least it's a move in the right direction. As I carried heavy boxloads down from the bedrooms, it made me think how much harder this will be to do in another 5 years when I'm 5 years older. It's best to do it now.

I still have to declutter my crafts and downsize my carnival glass but that's for another day. It's really amazing how much stuff I've gotten rid of already...it makes me feel good to have it done.


No comments: