Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Feeling Better

I'm feeling better today than yesterday but not well enough. I don't suffer in silence and I'm getting bored being stuck in the house so that explains another blog about my cold.

I should probably use a day like this, rainy and cold, to get some work done around the house but then I blow my nose and think I don't need to work if I'm not well. That's my excuse, anyway.

I'd had a prescription renewed that needed to be picked up but the weather is pretty awful so I called and asked for it to be delivered. A very nice looking man close to my age delivered it and I thought, hmmm! Maybe I'm feeling better than I thought. Most men my own age don't appeal to me at all.

My daughter, Kim, phoned me this morning with some sad news. Her mother-in-law passed away after being ill for a short time. It's so hard to lose the people in your life. This lady had worked hard all of her life and had a large loving family who will miss her something fierce. She'd had symptoms for a while which she ignored and didn't even mention to her family so her passing so quickly is a terrible shock to everyone. It makes no sense to not seek medical help when it could actually save your life. But I'm sure her reasoning was to spare the family any worry. I wish she'd thought of herself for a change. I liked her a lot.

Well, I think I'll go medicate myself. The sooner this cold is gone, the sooner I can go about my happy, busy life.

No comments: