Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Girls

I'm feeling a little melancholy this morning remembering how much help my girls were to me yesterday. I know I could never persue this little jewelry selling adventure without them. They do all the heavy work of handling that damned heavy tent and lifting that damned heavy suitcase filled with jewelry. But most of all, they enjoy being with me and aiding in my present enterprise. I am so grateful for them.

Both of my girls are extremely hard workers, a trait they inherited from their father. I'm more on the lazy side even though my ideas drag me into accupations like the present one. Oh yes, I've always been full of ideas but I never seem to be able to carry them out on my own. Kim is ever present and willing to help and she does enjoy chatting with potential buyers. Cindy is the bulldog, though, thoroughly pleasant to everyone but she is a born salesman. At one point I thought she was offering one of the children's necklaces to a pretty baby as a gift but she was actually putting a little pressure on the Daddy who did buy it.

Both Kim and I are more "stand back" people who offer information rather than actually pushing for a sale. Cindy is right out there joking with people whether they're buying or not but they seem to gravitate toward her anyway. It's fun for me to watch it all and I'm so, so happy my girls seem to be having fun, too.

The only one missing is Shelley, who lives in Florida, but I know she'd also be part of my jewlery empire (LOL!). She's a little more outgoing than Kim but not as outgoing as Cindy...but then, nobody is. Nothing would make me happier than to have all three of my girls with me. I am the luckiest mother in the world to have all three of my daughters grown into such exceptional women.

No comments: