Friday, September 10, 2010

No Mosque, Yes Mosque

Oh well, sometimes news reports are wrong and this one was. Apparently there was mistaken information and, from last reports, the mosque near the twin towers will still be built and the Koran burning might still be on. Why can't responsible adults behave like responsible adults?

I'm as tired of this subject as I am of the eternal debate in my city of whether or where the new stadium will be built. It's frightening to think that all of the people in both situations are sort of public leaders. They are the ones who make crucial decisions that the rest of us have to live by...and their feet are made of clay.

This is what I would do in both situations:

I would not insult any religion by burning their Bible or Koran.

I would not insult the families of people who lost their lives in the twin towers by building a mosque so close to it.

I would allow the tax payers of my city to vote on where and if they want a new stadium to be built.

Of course, I'm thinking logically and the people who will actually make those decisions are thinking with their testicles.

No comments: