Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hit Hard by the Economy

I only do about 3 jewelry shows in a year and up until today had always made a tiny profit. Today was really crummy and I lost $130. after working a 7 hour day along with my daughter who took the day off her regular job to help me. This is not what I ever expected my little fledgling jewelry business to heap on me.

I've enjoyed selling my stuff and didn't mind too much when the profits were seriously low but taking a big loss like this makes me wonder if it's time for me to retire from the entrepreneur world altogether. It's certainly made me decide not to buy any more stock this winter.

There are 2 vendor stations at the hospital and the lady at the station next to me also lost money so it just might have been a bad day all around. One of the nurses did tell me that payday was tomorrow. I suppose I'll do my days next year and then decide if I want to give up. I really hate giving up an activity that's been mainly fun, though.

I guess I should be thankful that I don't do this for a living.

No comments: