Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kodak Camera

A few years back I bought a Kodak camera with a dock that attaches to the computer and keeps the camera charged and ready. It was misery for me to learn how to use this thing and that's nothing new. My mind seems to rear back and away from "directions". Once I start to understand a bit then I relax and am able to learn.

My fear of learning how to use any new appliance is so strong that I've bought 4 of these cameras and docks (used) so that I never have to learn how to use a new one. This is either crafty planning ahead or sheer lunacy. Take your pick.

I don't know why I'm so cowed by appliances. Learning and the search for knowledge is second nature to me but not when it comes to something like a camera. They scare the beejeezes out of me. It doesn't matter if I read the directions, either, because they don't seem to explain things in a way I can understand. Believe me, it does give me an inferior complex even though I know there's a fairly well functioning brain in my head.

I used to feel the same way about computers but I've learned that it's very easy to just surf around until I find something that interests me. Before I ever used a computer, I was told the best way to learn how to use one was to just get into it and learn as you go. It's true. Computers don't scare me at all but don't try to sell me a new camera.

No comments: