Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Busy in Florida












As much as I love to blog, I've been so busy since I got to Florida that I've let it slide. For me, November in Florida means hours of taking pictures, cropping them on the computer, and then selling the items on Ebay. Since I'm on dial up AOL, the process is agonizingly slow so I try to do most of it at night. Then there is the socializing. I love it so much but it doesn't leave much time for anything else.

Now that December is on the horizon, I can relax a bit and just concentrate on the socializing which will leave me time to blog, anyway.

But I can't relax yet. Mickey is coming tomorrow to dismantle one of my tipouts and rebuild it. The darned thing is rotting out and that can't be left any longer. If mold sets in, it is dangerous to live in. I'm going to move the computer desk from the tipout and situate it at the front window. Then after the tipout is repaired the table and chairs will be put there. I'd rather not have to bother with all this but you gotta do what you gotta do.

The pictures above are to show that all is not work in Florida. I brought down quite a few plants and they're doing well. So are the ones that were left here and survived the Florida summer. Planting flowers and then seeing them flourish every day is a true joy for me.

It's hot today but cooler weather is coming. One nice thing is that there always seems to be a nice breeze here so even if it's hot the air is fresh.

Now to wait for one of the sort of nasty necessities in Florida. The bug man is coming to spray!

No comments: