Friday, December 03, 2010

Florida Mold




One of the biggest problems in Florida, besides the bugs, is mold. If any part of your trailer or house has a leak and is not dealt with, it will become blackened with mold in no time.
I've had several water leaks in the trailer and they all were repaired. The first one was in the tipout which houses the bedroom closet and Dennis had to completely rebuild it. The second one was where the trailer was joined to the Florida room and Dennis repaired that.
The worst one was a couple of years ago when the whole front of the trailer had to be rebuilt because water had seeped into all of the framingand that job was done by Mickey, Sylvia's husband.
This last one was this year when I saw the floor of the tipout in the kitchen seemed to be dropping so Mickey took a look and discovered the window had been leaking and that rotted the floor and some of the framing. Good old Mickey to the rescue again. He fixed it, too.
I have no idea where the next leak will cause me trouble but I'm more than fed up with having to repair my residence. I'm so thankful to have someone I can count on to fix things but it's really stressful to see your home in bad shape.
I'm happy with the final result here and have moved furniture around. The desk now sits at the front window and the table and chairs are back in their original spot in the kitchen. It's a nice change.
But then I was struck with some more bad luck. I filled the car with gas on Wednesday on the way home. Yesterday I took a drive and the car sounded horrible and bucked like a bronco. It was one of my worst fears come true...my car was unwell and I was 1200 miles from home.
Mickey told me it could be bad gas and to get some sort of cleaner for it. Off I went with Sylvia and we found the product at Auto Zone. I emptied it into the tank immediately and was relieved to notice that the motor seemed to run smoother, gradually! Today it's even better but still not normal. When it idles it almost stalls and then recovers but I'll give it a couple of days and, if it's still acting up, take it to a garage. I really hate to do this but will if I have to.
To add to my misery, it's turned damned cold for Florida!



No comments: