Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Giant Caterpillar

We were playing cards the other night in our nice clean clubhouse when someone said, "Look at that big thing on the floor". First I lifted my feet off the floor even though the "thing" was about 20' away from me, then I craned my neck to see what they were talking about. It was the biggest caterpillar I'd ever seen...about 2" long and it was crawling across the floor towards the door.

I continued to shuffle the cards as I watched one of the brave men try to pick the critter up to throw outside when he dropped it. I dropped the cards, too. Soon the beastie was tossed outside but I was wary that one of his relatives might still be around.

This is a strange year in Florida. Apparently the acorns fall out of the live oak trees every 7 years and this is the year so the ground is covered with them. Now the giant caterpillars are coming around. What next?

I don't like bugs of any kind. I'm not afraid of them but I definitely don't want them in my house or on me so I really wish we had a world with no bugs. Wonder if that's possible?

No comments: