Tuesday, November 02, 2010

The Leaves of Fall


This is what my back deck looks like today. I expected the geraniums to easily tolerate the colder weather but the biden is still a surprise. I discovered last winter in Florida that biden survived the 2 week freezing cold better than anything else so I'm taking a chance that it will fare well until I uproot it on Friday to take down to Florida with me.
You can take plants across the border as long as the soil is removed. I always dig up any I plan to take on the day before leaving, wash off the soil, wrap the roots in wet paper towels, and bag them in clear plastic bags, The clear plastic seems to help preserve them on the trip because it allows sunlight to touch them.
There are piles of leaves lying on the ground now but the trees are still quite full so my boys are going to have a lot of work cleaning them up. I'm so thankful they do this for me otherwise those leaves would do harm to the underlying grass. It's so pretty to watch the leaves gently fluttering to the ground but I'm aware that each one is one more for my boys to gather up.
My plan today is to do a thorough cleaning of the livingroom and diningroom. I'm sure I'll find some things I can toss in the garbage, too, in my quest to clean out unnecessary items from the house. Garbage day is tomorrow and I want to rid myself of more clutter if possible.
Tonight I'm ordering in pizza for my family so that I can have more time with Nolan. It's so very important to me that he recognize my house as somewhere he belongs. Family...the utmost important relationship that anyone can have.
P.S. I wonder why I sometimes can't get my separation of paragraphs to show up on the blog???

No comments: