Monday, November 01, 2010

November 1st in Ontario

This is the first November that I haven't already moved into my Florida trailer and staked out a table at the pool. I can't quite figure out why it isn't bothering me more than it is but I guess I'm looking forward to having Kim as a companion when we leave next Saturday.

I bought candies to take on the trip but, as of today, only half will make it into the car...I ate the rest. It's not a good idea for me to stock up on junk food too early because I have no will power when I know it's there. Normally, I rarely eat candy but I've found that it helps to have it on hand on long driving trips because the sugar high keeps you awake.

The trunk of the car is full but there still is a bit of space for last minute items. It's actually half filled with stuff I'll sell on Ebay once I'm settled in Florida. I'm really hoping that this is the year I drive home with a fairly empty trunk. Every year so far, the car has been loaded in every spare speck of space on the drive home and every year I say I won't do that the next year. We'll see.

I don't notice the humidity in Florida too much but it always seems to take ages for my washed floors to dry so I plan on taking my steam mop this time. With it, the floors almost dry immediately and that would be a benefit while I'm down there. I've already hired a lady to clean the trailer for me before we get there and I'm hoping she does a decent job. It helps for me to have a nice clean trailer to move into and then I can concentrate on the rest of the work that always needs doing such as gardening, etc.

Kim and I leave in approximately 4 1/2 days...5 sleeps. It will be fun!

No comments: