Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas is Over

Another Christmas come and gone and I'm quite happy it's over. It's always an enjoyable part of the year but I'm a little sick of those icky Xmas stories on T.V. and the commercials that tell you the only way to let your loved ones know they're loved is if you buy them the advertised product.

Christmas is mainly fun and can be less stressful if you accept you can't afford to spend too much money on presents. You can also lessen the stress by having your dinner guests bring some of the food. Why not? Everyone, even the host and hostess, has the right to not be too tired to enjoy the day.

I used to start my Xmas shopping in January, just falling upon the perfect gift throughout the year instead of draining my energies during December. That's also when there are lots of sales and stores are trying to make room for spring merchandise.

My first Xmas in Florida felt strange...no snow and no relatives...but now it's just fine. My friends here are close enough to almost take the place of relatives and they're fun to be with. One day in the future I'll have to stay home for Xmas and I'll enjoy it just as much because my family will be there, too. It's family, whether blood, in-law, or good friends, that make the season one to look forward to every year.

No comments: