Monday, December 06, 2010

Florida Frost

Today it was so cold outside that I had to have my ladies coffee morning inside the trailer. Once before, there were so many ladies here that some almost ended up drinking their coffee in the bathroom and it almost happened today.

I had stupidly neglected to close the door window in the Florida room and by the time I thought of it, it was too late and too cold in there to be able to heat it sufficiently with the little space heater. My guests would have been way too cold out there so we just all cuddled up inside the trailer. From now on I'll remember to heat that Florida room on Monday mornings.

It has been unseasonably cold here the last few days and now tonight it's supposed to go below freezing so I've covered my more delicate outdoor plants with old sheets to keep them healthy. I don't remember having to do that in December but now that we have global warming (LOL!) things have changed.

Back to the coffee morning...as I looked around at all the ladies here I thought how lucky we were to be surrounded by such nice people. All of these ladies are treasures in their own way and all of them make my little world just that much happier. The world is full of good people and we have more than our share right here in our trailer park.

I've made it a requisite in my life for quite a few years that I'll only hang out with people who are "positive" types and fun to be around. Negative people only make you feel low and they're not fun at all to chum with. The ladies whose company I prefer are usually interested in lots of things and have a good outlook on life. People like that make you feel good and that's what I want. If we want to, we can always find things to bitch about and feel sorry for ourselves about but why dwell on it? Anyway, thank heavens my little circle of buddies are bright, interesting, and fun.

Tonight is my last quiet and solitary night of the week. Tomorrow through Saturday begins the nightly card or game nights that we enjoy. And I really do enjoy them but I also need the occasional quiet night. When I envision my nights at the park, I think of how 5 nights are a whirlwind of socializing until Sunday and Monday when I slip out of the whirlwind to catch my breath before jumping in again on Tuesday. It's the best of both worlds.

No comments: