Sunday, January 02, 2011

2011 New Year's Resolution

I'm not making one this year because I never keep the ones I've made for umpteen years. I ALWAYS vow to lose weight and, if any comes off at all, it's usually just a couple of pounds. That's just a drop in the bucket and I'm tired of feeling like a failure.

This year I'm going to let nature take it's course and just make some sort of effort to eat better. If it helps, so be it. If not, then it will propably be more of a certainty that I won't live to see 100.

Dieters fail more often than they succeed and I'm really sick of always feeling like I've failed me and the world because I don't lose weight. Granted, being overweight is not healthy but neither is being depressed because you've failed the test.

Age is taking care of my propensity for eating late at night. Now I can't eat after 8 P.M. or I feel sick all night long. It never used to be that way but I'm glad it is now because that's the time of day when I seem most hungry. I've always been the sort of person who eats when she's bored or upset. I'm seldom upset anymore but I do slow down about 10 P.M. and maybe get a little bored about then. Since I can't eat, I go to bed before 11 P.M. most nights. It's worked out well for me.

2011 is a new year consisting of 365 days with which to make a new you. Just try to be a better person, no matter what your size or appearance happens to be.

No comments: