Thursday, April 14, 2011

American Idol

There's something so profound about American Idol. From the very beginning when they are auditioning hopeful young men and women, it elicits a strong emotion from the viewer. We are able to put ourselves into each person's place and imagine what they're feeling...the thrill of being called back or the heartbreak of being dismissed. The latest version of American Idol is winding down with (I think) 9 very talented individuals left to entertain us. At this point, you really hate to see any of them sent home because they are all so darned talented. Jacob Lusk has been my favorite since the beginning because his utterly amazing voice gives me goosebumps but most of the others are strong contenders, too. I can't see any of them disappearing into the woodwork and never being heard from again because the talent is there. I can only hope for their sake that agents are lining up and waiting to take them on and furthering their career. In my eyes, it doesn't matter who wins this contest because they're all capable of winning. As much as I love Jacob Lusk's voice, he's best singing gospel and that won't have universal appeal so it would be a surprise to see him win. He deserves it but those who deserve don't always receive. In any case, tonight will tell the tale of who is next to stay or go. This has been a wonderful idea for a T.V. show and I, for one, certainly enjoy it.

No comments: