Sunday, April 17, 2011

Centipedes Gone...I Hope!

I am tentatively declaring my house a centipede free zone. Last summer I was so miserable about the number of centipedes I was seeing in my house that I called in a pest control company. After 4 sprayings (3 more than normal), the horrible little critters seemed to be gone but by then I was leaving for Florida and the house would be empty all winter. I could only hope that they wouldn't thrive and multiply while I was gone. Normally when I come home in April, there will be centipede carcasses in various spots around the house, mainly in the basement, but this time there were none. NONE!! Could it be that my problem had finally been solved and I could live without fear in my own home once more? I had tried a pest control company years ago but they didn't offer free return calls. Their initial spraying did nothing to rid me of centipedes and I sort of gave up, just hoping the rotten things would move out on their own but that never happened. I have to assume that the repeated sprayings were what was needed and I'm so glad they worked...I hope. I'm so afraid of becoming complacent, thinking they're all gone and then being startled by their return so I'm going to hire that same pest control company to come again this year. Just in case! Bugs do not belong indoors.

No comments: