Friday, April 15, 2011

Stories We'd Rather Not Hear

I had dinner tonight with may daughters and a whole bunch of their cousins...not quite sure why I was there but Kim insisted. The restaurant was a very nice sushi place and they gave us our own room...and that was before they heard the wild laughter and risque stories. I bet the staff wished the doors to our room were solid instead of decorated with silk scarves. I managed to get myself lost by going to the far east mountain instead of the far west but was only about 40 minutes late and able to catch up to the partyers pretty quickly, at least foodwise. I was driving so I drank only Diet Coke. Aeron helped me order when I got there because I don't eat sushi. The gang had polished off their first large carafe of wine and when they ordered another one, the waitress questioned them if they were sure they wanted a second one. I guess she equates noise with drunkeness but she didn't know our group. They don't need alcohol to make them loud and happy. As the evening progressed the cousins (and sisters) began to tell humorous stories about each other. I'm so pleased that the cousins have always been such good friends but Val and I agreed that there were some things we didn't want to know about our kids. Just leave us in partial ignorance about what our little treasures did or do behind their parents' backs, please. Six of the hardiest partyers (Larry, Rochelle, Val, Karen, Kim, Cindy, and Shelley) decided to hit a bar after dinner so Nick drove me home because I can't see to drive in the dark. Shelley will drive my car home later on tonight and I know she won't be drinking. Larry will be the only guy with all these wild women but I'll bet he'll be the wildest one of all. They'll have a great time and make some more cousin memories!

No comments: