Monday, April 25, 2011

Scabby

I had much of my face blasted with liquid nitrogen last Wednesday and even though I'm healing the resultant scabs look terrible. I'm afraid to go to restaurants because they might think I have a disease.

I'm supposed to go to the dentist for a cleaning this coming Wednesday but there's no way that could be done without hurting the scabby area on my bottom lip so I'll just have to cancel and reschedule. I've had suspicious spots removed this way before and barely scabbed up but the dermatologist really zapped me good this last time so that must be why I have such heavy scabbing. As long as it works, I guess.

I stayed home all day today, vacuumed and washed floors and then started Nicole's afghan. It looks good so far so I've chosen the right colors for her this time. There's been a spitty rain with overcast skies all day and that usually makes me feel low but not today...I think I'm still carrying the blissful serenity I caught from Nash. It's really been a pleasant day for me and, whatever the reason, I'm happy for it.

I checked out Facebook a little while ago and saw that Marilee had posted a film clip of Kyran being interviewed about her book. I've seldom seen Kyran but that doesn't stop me from being very proud of her. She's a wonderful writer which is no surprise because her father was a well known Canadian writer and her mother (Marilee) is also very talented. I wish Marilee wrote more blogs because she has a unique way of expressing herself that is very entertaining.

It's still raining slightly and I'm wearing socks to keep my feet warm. The weather report is promising a few more weeks of this crap!



No comments: