Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cold, Rainy May?



Above is the new backsplash tile I bought for the kitchen. It's sure a lot brighter than the old tile, not white but an off-white that should look really nice when it's installed.


So this morning I dragged myself out into the cold, wet mid May day at 6:45 A.M. to go to Home Depot which I thought opened at 7 A.M. It doesn't open on Sundays until 8 A.M. so I went over to Tim Horton's for breakfast...I wasn't even hungry but how else do you pass an hour on a cold, rainy Sunday morning?


At 7:45 A.M., I was sitting in my car at Home Depot, along with about 2 dozen other people looking for those Sunday only bargains. It turned out they were all there to buy gas grills or wheel barrows and I was the only one who braved this crappy day to save $50 on a ceiling fan. There must have been over a hundred boxes of those darned fans available, too.


Anyway, my little pile of stuff sits waiting for the handyman. He doesn't know about the fan yet but I don't think he'll mind.

No comments: