Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Family Writer

We have a family member who is now a published author and we're all so proud of her. She got her chance by blogging...but comparing her blog quality and mine is like comparing a Mercedes to a clunker. She has skills that are far beyond anything I could hope for but I think I know the reason for that. She inherited her writing ability from her father who was a well-known writer and poet but my ancestors apparently couldn't pass on that particular gene to me. So I have been cheated.

Seriously, I'm so happy for Kyran and it's nice to be able to follow her success even as a voyeur. I wish her a lifetime of having her books published and loved by everyone who reads them.

"Planting Dandelions", by Kyran Pittman, has gotten great reviews and I really think it should be made into a movie. This book is the only one I've read completely in one sitting for years. Reading makes me sleepy but not this book!

I don't have a whole lot of followers to encourage to go out and buy her book but, whoever is out there, go for it. She's a brand new talent unlike any other writer!

No comments: