Sunday, May 22, 2011

Geraniums and People Gathering

This is a picture of one of the Martha Washington geraniums I planted. I think the color is outstanding and can't wait to see what this plant looks like when it's full of blooms. I'll be taking them to Florida with me, too, so I can enjoy them for a long, long time.

I had a busy morning...phone call from my friend, Sylvia, from Nova Scotia, visit from my grandson, Matt, and then a quick visit from my neighbor, Denise, who brought me a "Bob the Builder" truck for my backyard toy collection. By the time Sharon called for me to meet her, it was pouring rain. We met at Tim Horton's for coffee but I was back home by 3 P.M. with another load of flowers to plant.

The afternoon turned out nice and sunny so the planting got done fast and, since the dirt was already wet, I didn't even have to water them. I spent some quiet time out in the yard just taking in the scenery. My neighbor, John, called over the fence to let me know if I ever needed help with anything I was to let him know. Sometimes my world is a little bubble of peace and contentment and, believe me, I'm thankful for everything nice that comes my way.

I've always thought of my sister-in-law, Faye, as a gatherer of people because she draws so many into her life. I guess I've learned from her in a way because in later years I've managed to draw some awfully nice people into mine.





No comments: