Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sayings That Mean Something





I love fridge magnets. Most of the ones I have are of sayings that mean something to me and this group above are on the far side of my fridge where not many but me sees them. The first one, "Do not cry over anything that cannot cry over you", was one that helped me through my depression and sort of echoed what my counselor had tried to teach me. It's not a fridge magnet but a clipping.


The second one, "I don't do anything in particular but I do it well", really says it all about me. I'm eclectic in my tastes and in my personality.


The 3rd one, "I worry about things I can do nothing about. It's my hobby", is a reminder to me to stop doing just that.


#4, "Boat, a hole surrounded by water into which you throw money", was aimed at my husband who had a sailboat. I just keep this one as a reminder of him.


#5, "Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of life", makes me smile every time I look at it because my poor children have to take me as they see me. I am what I am and I'm good enough!


I have stickers on my washer with other sayings that tickle me when I read them. I sometimes think I must be related to the cartoonist who writes Maxine sayings because they reflect a lot of my own beliefs.


It's good to be able to laugh at ourselves and my preferred choice for fridge magnets are ones that make me giggle. Somehow or other, they have to have some relevance in my life, even if it's derogatory.

No comments: