Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Is It A Him Or A Her?

If a person was born male but now dresses female, has taken a female name, still looks like a male, how do you refer to him...as him or her? I sort of equate this with someone who believes they're Napoleon and wants everyone else to believe it also. Do you join into their fantasy or do you try to dissuade them?

I guess being a transsexual or transvestite has become one of those things that we are now told to accept as normal but, darn it, it just isn't. I really wonder if we do more psychological harm to them by accepting their bizarre behaviour. I can't believe they are anything but mentally ill even though I know that many would not agree with me. I'm pretty open minded (I think) but there's something seriously wrong with a person who wants to portray themselves as one of the opposite sex.

Just as we should never cause harm in any way to a person who believes they are Napoleon, we shouldn't publicly humiliate someone who cross dresses. Most of them have to know just by looking in a mirror that they won't pass inspection so they deserve our compassion if nothing else. I've never heard of a transsexual/transvestite being a threat to anyone so they aren't to be feared.

Do they deserve our pity or our full acceptance? I just don't know.

No comments: