Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Lot of Lazy Days

I've taken to making time for a nap every afternoon unless I'm running the roads or have company. I really didn't like the idea of getting into that habit but I'm up really early in the morning so I guess it's a trade-off. In any case, it's kind of pleasant to give into it.

My neighbors are away for a few days so it's my job to feed and water their 2 cats...big job that takes about 2 minutes every 2 days and they're home on Sunday. Other than that, I'm spending a lot of time Swedish weaving. I thought I was finished Nicole's afghan except for the bottom embroidery but I was out of pale blue floss and started using a soft pink instead. After working about 2 hours I had to admit that the pink floss had a coral tone that clashed badly with the pink yarn in the afghan so I pulled it all out, bought some nice pale blue floss and will use it instead. I also decided to add abit more yarn design before starting the embroidery so maybe it was a good thing the coral pink floss didn't work.

I did some laundry this morning and started the dishwasher...that was really the extent of my day's housework. There is so much more I could get into but it's hot and that makes me dozy. I've had the AC off since yesterday and am relying on open doors, windows, and a fan to keep me cool. It's very comfortable but not chilling.

Kim phoned to say she'll be having her hysterectomy either in September or October and will need to stay off work for up to 8 weeks. That seems like a long time but I told her I wouldn't leave for Florida until she was well enough on her own. Shelley called, too, and said that would be a good time for her to come up and nurse her sister. Kim will really only need someone with her for a few days after she comes home from the surgery but I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving her too soon. I know Cindy will be right there for her, too, and that gives us all a good feeling of being taken care of when we need it. Family...what can I say?

My lip is healing well, too, so that's a relief. I'm keeping a separate blog and taking pictures of it every day and it's amazing how much better it looks from when I first had it sprayed with the liquid nitrogen.

My friend, Norma, came over for a visit yesterday and we had such a nice, long talk. She is a real "up" person and it cheers you up just to be in her company. I met her at the park in Florida quite a few years ago but she lives about 20 minutes drive from me here in Canada. It's terrible that we don't usually take the time to see each other during the summer but she'll be going on the cruise in January and spending a few days before and after at the park.

Well, my agenda for this evening is to just relax and take it easy...something like my agenda for this afternoon and possibly all day tomorrow. Hmm!

No comments: