Friday, July 15, 2011

My First Ball




This is my neighbor, Steve's, bowling ball that he was nice enough to lug over to my house today. It's for the bowling ball art that I plan to make by glueing on glass beads. This will be my first so I won't attempt to make anything elaborate, just same color glass beads. Once I gain more confidence, Shelley wants me to make her a couple that look like ladybugs. I've told her to find 2 bowling balls and we'll make them together this winter.




I haven't gone to the local bowling alleys for balls yet but I am practicing how I'll ask for them. I won't say, "I'm looking for some old balls.". I'll say, "Do you have any old bowling balls that I can buy?". Sounds better, doesn't it?




2 comments:

Kim said...

How about "do you have any dirty old balls that I can play with?"..."for free?" LOL

patsyrose said...

Bad girl. Your parents must not have brought you up right. LOL!