Thursday, October 20, 2011

Friends

Barb and Norma came over this morning for a visit and I can't express how very much I enjoyed their company. I've recognized for a long time now how female friends are extremely important in my life because they understand me and I understand them. No man, husband or friend, can possibly identify with a woman enough to truly understand her.

I enjoy male friends, too, but it's a totally different friendship, kind of like having an exotic pet. They're interesting in their own way but you don't have a whole lot in common. I've often thought I'd like to have a feminine gay man friend because that would be a really fascinating connection.

Norma, Barb, and I had a lot of laughs and that's one of the nicest things about having good lady friends. We laugh at similar episodes in our lives and it helps to know these things didn't happen to just ourselves. We did a little male bashing, too, but that's par for the course when a group of women get together. We're united in not understanding why men behave the way they do! For instance, why would a man deliberately walk on a freshly washed floor with dirty shoes? I've never heard of a woman doing that but then she's usually the one who washed the floor in the first place. I even feel guilty walking across a just washed floor in a store or public washroom. It goes against the grain.

I think the most enjoyment I get these days is spending a few hours with lady friends and this includes my daughters and granddaughters because I consider them friends, too. We have a sisterhood that no male can ever really join, and maybe they're not even interested because we're a mystery to them, too.

Anyway, it was a fun visit that I hope will be repeated many times in the future.




No comments: