Friday, October 21, 2011

Update on the Lip

The scab is still unsightly but, lo and behold, there is one little healed spot on the edge and that is enough to give me hope that one day soon I'll be presentable for public viewing. I've asked Shelley to bring me up a nurses' mask so that I'll have something to cover up with when we drive to Florida. There's no way I can hold my bladder for the 2 day drive and will have to venture into crowded rest stops and I don't want to scare people.

The fact that there is already a healed spot, however small, already makes me think I won't even need the mask but I like to be prepared. It's kind of comforting to know I'll be leaving the country with our family nurse, too, not that I expect any problems with the lip.

A few of my Florida friends are already at the park, getting themselves settled in and beginning the "3W Lifestyle". It's nice to know I'll be there in just a few weeks and hanging out with some of the nicest people on this earth. I'll get to celebrate the American Thanksgiving, too, so that's one more chance for turkey. Because of "the lip", I couldn't really enjoy our own Thanksgiving earlier this month.

This will be a do-nothing day for me. I'll use it to do odds and ends but nothing too demanding. Hmm! Sounds like most of my days, doesn't it?

No comments: