Friday, October 14, 2011

Marilee's Afghan is Finished!




It's finished and just in time. Marilee leaves for home on Sunday so I'm hoping it will fit in her suitcase otherwise I'll have to mail it to her.


I know I've said it before but I only give these afghans to the people I love so, if you have one, you know you're loved by at least one person in this world. They usually take about 2 months to finish unless you're working on them most of the day every day so there's no way I'd do all that work and then sell one to a stranger. I get a lot of pleasure out of seeing the pattern and colors come alive and I always hope the recipients love them as much as I do.

I brought up my sewing machine and threads to pack in the car for Florida but the sewing machine isn't working right. Maybe it's time to buy a new one. It is so frustrating to try to sew on a machine that's not co-operating. I know I can buy one in Florida for much less than I'd pay here in Canada so that will be my big purchase down there this winter.

My next project will be bright turquoise fabric and a large assortment of brilliant colors for the yarns. I actually have two smaller pieces (2 yds. each) and they'll be donated to a hospice here at home when they're done. I thought that brilliant colors like that would be cheery for the patients.

Inbetween working on those smaller afghans, I want to make a regular sized one for Tyson and Sarah in purple and gold on white fabric. Those are the colors of his favorite football team, the Minnesota Vikings. I'm also going to try to do lettering (MV) on the ends.

From here on in, though, I won't be putting in so many hours on my Swedish weaving, especially when I get to Florida. My lip should be healed in a month or so and I'll be able to go out in public.



No comments: