Thursday, November 24, 2011

American Thanksgiving

Today is the American Thanksgiving and I'm here in my little trailer park in Florida all set to celebrate it. We're having dinner at 2 P.M in the clubhouse where everyone will congregate with their culinary contributions...the park management provides the turkey. I can't wait!

I know I've said it before but this park is like a little village, full of some of the nicest human beings you'll find anywhere. How wonderful to get to be with them for a holiday feast! Our table was set last night after Bingo and so far we have 6 at our table so there is room for at least 2 more to join us. Normally, our table is full but some of our close buddies either aren't going to be here this year or just haven't arrived yet.

Every holiday makes me stop to think how lucky I am to be in this space and time with the people I care about and Thanksgiving is no exception. I am very thankful to be spending it with such good friends who have come to be almost like family to me. I'm thankful for many things today and I know how fortunate I am even if the bloomin' car isn't working. Maybe it will be fixed tomorrow and I'll have even more to be thankful for, though. Just hoping!

No comments: